Medication Technician - Day Shift
Company: Prestige Care, Inc
Posted on: January 7, 2022
POSITION DETAILS: Status: Full-Time/Part-Time/On-Call Shift:
Day/Evening/NOC Schedule: Various Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various POSITION SUMMARY The Medication
Technician provides medication services and direct resident care,
assist in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial
environment for residents. The Medication Technician assists
residents with activities of daily living, housekeeping, laundry,
and other daily chores. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the daily operation of the medication room and
medication services as directed by the Health Services Director
(HSD) and in accordance with physician orders, state regulations
and the nurse practice act.
- Processes physician medication and treatment orders in
accordance with state regulations and the nurse practice act.
- Administers and assists with the self-administration of routine
and non-routine medications in accordance with physician orders,
state regulations, and the nurse practice act.
- Completes simple treatments and monitors residents as directed
by the HSD in accordance with physician orders, state regulations
and the nurse practice act.
- Maintains accurate records of medication and treatment services
provided or omitted, including controlled substances, in each
resident's clinical record.
- Coordination with pharmacies for medication orders and
- Reports all medication errors per policy.
- Reports and records changes in resident condition, incidents
and accidents to HSD, physician and family member as indicated
under the direction of the HSD. Completes all incident forms.
- Routinely communicates with physicians, pharmacies, outside
services, residents and families regarding medication and care
- Provides direct resident care while promoting the resident's
dignity, independence and choice, regularly observes residents'
physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the HSD,
Expressions Director, or Executive Director.
- Assists with or provides care services as directed by the
resident's cooperative service plan.
- Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, and in a
manner that respects dignity, confidentiality standards, and
promotes individual rights.
- Follows and supports community fire safety and infection
control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or
equipment to immediate supervisor.
- Serves meals in the dining room, assisting residents at
mealtime, provides resident tray delivery, and assists with dining
room and kitchen clean up and maintenance.
- Assists in lifting, moving and transporting residents using
proper body mechanics or assistive devices as directed by the
resident's cooperative service plan.
- Assists with tours, move-ins, move-outs, and transfers and
coordinates personal care services with coworkers assisting with
lifting and responds to assistance pages promptly.
- Performs First Aid and initiates emergency response procedures
per policy and state regulations.
- Properly stores medications and equipment and keeps the
medication room clean and orderly.
- Removes outdated or discontinued medications to return to the
pharmacy or disposal per policy.
- Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff
- Performs other duties as assigned. COMPANY WIDE
- Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment, and
- Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents,
residents' families, visitors, and staff.
- Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining
to residents, team members, the department/center/community, and
company information and records.
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices
safe working habits. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE One or more
years of personal care experience with older adults preferred or as
required by state regulations. Must hold state required medication
pass certification or other required certification, complete state
required delegation and/or training requirements, and successfully
complete the medication pass competency. Must have word processing
skills. Must have current CPR certification, First Aid training,
and Food Handlers permit as required by state regulations. Must
complete all state required trainings as necessary. EDUCATION High
school diploma or GED or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained
through a combination of education, training, and experience.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED - At Prestige, it is our promise to
personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring
based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and
respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed
to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us,
coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and
viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we
celebrate what makes us different. In adherence with state
mandates, Prestige Care team members are required to receive their
final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by November 30, 2021 as a
condition of employment, unless a team member qualifies for a
religious or medical exemption. Information About Prestige Assisted
Living at Lancaster Located at 43454 30th Street West in Lancaster,
CA, Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster has 44 apartments of
assisted living, as well as 16 units of memory care. If you are
looking for the highest quality of healthcare communities or care
centers, you won't find anyone better. PAL at Lancaster has enjoyed
a string of unbelievably high performance. They have enjoyed
numerous "Bronze" and "Silver" awards through the American Health
Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living showing our
strong commitment to care excellence, and high performance.
Additionally, they have enjoyed deficiency free surveys for the
past two years. Our community offers the only memory care in the
Antelope Valley and features a strong family culture that is fun,
energetic, and really a village that works together to provide
state, regional, and national quality care. Our leadership at the
community likes to lead by example, helping others whenever and
wherever that helps is needed. We love to empower our team members
to fly! If working in a home-like setting, with a strong team
atmosphere, and with a national award-winning employer that has a
great promote-from-within culture, then Prestige Assisted Living at
Lancaster is the place for you. Who Is Prestige Care/Prestige
Senior Living? Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing
+ post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory
care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of
over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we
have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day. We
have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect
that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to
career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer
that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a
healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end
of every day.
Keywords: Prestige Care, Inc, Lancaster , Medication Technician - Day Shift, Professions , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!