Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: August 3, 2022
US3223 Sygma Southern California, a Division of The Sygma Network,
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This role is to perform clerical duties that provide support to the
warehouse manager and supervisory staff in the day to day
operations of the warehouse department; this includes handling
blind receiving appointments and inventory control as needed.
- Ensures all merchandise is properly counted and tagged
according to established company standards.
- Verifies temperature level on all inbound merchandise requiring
- Performs cycle counts and verifies counts against stock
- Checks stock status daily for close items and prepares daily
- Reports any discrepancies to the warehouse management
- Assures clean and accurate picking sheets and invoice for
associates by substituting or removing items from pick sheets
according to established standards.
- Answers phones, route calls and take messages.
- Schedules inbound loads to accommodate the receiving team.
- Assists with the receiving process when needed.
- Communicates with co-workers to collaboratively resolve issues
- Assists with keeping warehouse clean, monitoring sanitation and
facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Helps the warehouse management team with completing and
maintaining reports (e.g. processing picking documents, warehouse
productivity reports) and arranges for payment of bills for the
warehouse department according to established company
- Works assigned schedule.
- Exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime
as required to meet workload demands.
- A high school diploma, general education degree (GED), or
- 1-2 years of data entry experience is required.
- Previous experience in a high volume, warehouse operation is
- AS/400 and inventory control knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory control practices, Microsoft operating
system, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AS400.
- Possesses internal customer service skills.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and independently.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail-oriented.
- Communicate effectively with other associates and customers and
develop good working relationships.
- Listen and adapt to change.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Can operate a computer, printer, copier, fax machine.
- Read and write in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, use hands to finger,
handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, coach or crawl and may
have to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job
include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those associate encounters while performing the
essential functions of the job.
- Primarily working in an office environment in a controlled
atmosphere building, however, the associate may occasionally be
exposed to varying temperature conditions in the warehouse.
- The noise level is usually moderately quiet.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (e.g. safety
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties
and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will
be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Lancaster , Warehouse Clerk, Professions , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!