Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Location: California City
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work
environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All
positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely
(within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we're on a mission to simplify safety so families can
live fully. Everyday more than 33 million members across 195
countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home,
on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to
Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed
to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving
Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety
features are there to keep our members safe every step of the
Life360 has more than 400 (and growing!) remote-first
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology,
and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms
for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step
forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading
platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many
backgrounds, so even if you don't meet 100% of the below
qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About The Team
The SRE team is responsible for availability and reliability of
scalable services and applications that power the features of the
number one mobile app which provides safety and peace of mind to
millions of families. This includes measuring and optimizing system
performance (manage monitoring and observability stack) with a
strong focus in pushing our infrastructure capabilities forward by
actively collaborating with Engineering and DevOps/Infrastructure
About The Job
As an SRE on the Cloud team you will help build and operate
scalable services powering Life360 products. Our cloud team ensures
that our APIs are able to process tens of thousands of requests a
second with the ability to scale 10x. You'll be a very active
contributor to the design and operation of the core services.
You'll use automation tools as often as possible, and develop and
improve these tools. You are comfortable dealing with very large
amounts of traffic to the tune of billions of daily API
What You'll Do
- Engage with product and engineering teams to design, build and
maintain the system and software for high availability and
resiliency. Manage SLOs and Error Budgets for service teams
- Write software layers, scripts, deployment frameworks, tracers,
monitors, and self-healing/auto remediation tools to automate the
- Build and maintain software modules for use and reuse in cloud
- Troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of issues regardless of
tool, provider, platform, or language.
- Participate in shared on-call rotation.
- Estimate schedules, breaking tasks down to reasonable 1-3 day
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
with at least 5 years experience in operations and exposure to
- 3+ years of programming experience with one or more relevant
languages: Java, Python, PHP, Scala, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tools: Terraform,
CloudFormation; config management/provisioning tools: Ansible,
- Proficient in multi-threaded design and implementation.
- Troubleshooting and system engineering exposure in UNIX/Linux
- Developing, running, and/or consuming cloud technologies such
as AWS, Azure, Docker/Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with existing open source projects such as Consul,
Kafka, Cassandra, Docker.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply complex subjects and
- Experience desired with Big Data, streaming technologies, SaaS
based environments, Web Analytics
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent English verbal and
written communication skills. Highly collaborative working
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans
(100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for
mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year &
paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company's mission driven culture is guided by our shared values
to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your
authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team - Communicate Directly, Be a Good
- Make Things Happen - Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience - Users Come First, Quality &
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers
better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture
that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our
employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our
customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a
workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone
feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a
diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for
the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast,
our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST
Keywords: Life360, Lancaster , Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Professions , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!