Selling - Inside Sales Associate
Company: The Chefs' Warehouse
Location: California City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began
sourcing products focused on serving the specific needs of chefs
who own and/or operate some of the nation's leading menu-driven
independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs,
hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores. We
believe that we have a distinct competitive advantage in serving
these customers as a result of our extensive selection of
distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food
products, our product knowledge and our customer service. We serve
the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around
the country. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report to work on time with a professional attitude.
- Receive incoming calls from customers, prepare orders and
- Suggest and sell additional items over the phone.
- Inform customer of items not ordered or out of stock per
regular ordering process offering subs where available.
- Review accuracy of incoming orders, collect and input orders
submitted via fax, email, voicemail.
- Ensure accuracy of outgoing, entered orders.
- Work with outside sales team reporting irregularities, problems
and requests for outside sales assistance. Direct phone calls to
the appropriate team members.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Deal professionally on the phone and in person with customers,
vendors and fellow employees. Cooperate with other members of the
sales team and departments to ensure the customer receives an
excellent service level.
- Assist with processing special orders and customer price
- Provide backup vacation coverage for Sales Representatives and
assist with workload of fellow team members when absent.
- 85% of work day is spent on telephone.
- Attend inside/outside sales meetings and take part in sales
activities, as needed.
- Other projects or tasks assigned by Manager as needed.
- Document and keep record of customer complaints on Footprint
and create quarterly report of same
- Sale Recall coordinator.Ensuring all affected customers are
notified via phone and letter within 24hrs of any recall
- Minimum education: High School Diploma.
- Previous food service distribution Inside Sales/Customer
Service and/or call center experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of food service products, product categories
and vendor community preferred.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication
skills.Data entry and 10-key experience required.
- Self-motivated, professional, goal oriented and able to handle
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work under
- Flexibility: ability to work well with all departments and
levels of staff both internally & externally.
- Follow through skills a must.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.Language Ability: Bilingual
in English/Spanish a +.Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
sales data and trends.Ability to respond to common inquiries or
complaints from customers or members of the business community.
Math Ability: Basic math skills with addition, subtraction and
multiplication. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have advance level of expertise with Microsoft Word and
Excel.Knowledge of, JDE, & other sales programs.Must be able to
operate common office machines. Work Environment: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived
race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex,
marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state
or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with
respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer,
training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general
treatment during employment. Other details
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, March 1, 2021 Apply Now
- 16633 Gale Ave, City of Industry, CA 91745, USA
Keywords: The Chefs' Warehouse, Lancaster , Selling - Inside Sales Associate, Sales , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!